This Porch Column Installation Kit contains hardware to install round and square FRP columns in just about any application. Detailed installation instructions on installing fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) are included with the kit. The column instructions can also be downloaded by clicking on the PDF column installation file below.
This kit can be used with whole structural columns, as well as split columns. This includes the different splits such as wall engaged pilaster, or split for reassembly.
If you are attaching wood railing to a round column, you’ll want to look at the Wood Rail to Round Column Hardware Kit.
Our Poly Columns are manufactured as one piece from fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP). Weatherproof, insect-proof, rot-proof, virtually maintenance free, pound for pound stronger than concrete, steel, or aluminum. This is the premier option for columns. Works great with either wood or synthetic balustrades. Interior or exterior use. Use acrylic-latex primer and paint for best results. Whole columns are load bearing. See capacity chart below. Tapered shafts have a modified architectural entasis, with a Tuscan style astragal for authentic styling. This creates a very visually appealing and architecturally correct look.
Proudly Made in the USA.
For ProsDownload Product Drawings:
- Column Installation Instructions.pdf
- Cap & Base Installation Instructions.pdf
- Column Specifications.pdf
- More info on allowable loads.pdf
- Installing Ornamental Capitals.pdf
- Attaching Railing to Columns.pdf
- Installing Split Columns as Pilasters.pdf
- Reassembling Split Column Instructions.pdf
- Flame Spread and Smoke Density Test Results.pdf